Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Too Much Talk

"... let your words be few." Ecclesiastes 5:2 (NSRV)


I know I am guilty of it from time to time. I get on a subject and go on for way too long. I've got too much information pouring out of my head and spewing from my mouth. You can say a lot and still not say much. Run-D.M.C. summed it up in a song: "You Talk Too Much."


Solomon said that our words should be few. You should say as little as possible and mean as much as possible. It can be done. In a business sense, make your statements short, simple and succinct.


Be clear about what you mean and be concise with how much you say. You can say a lot by simply saying a little. There's a way to minimize your message's size without losing the power of its impact. Carefully select your words and ensure that you keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment