Tuesday, November 15, 2011

5 Magazines for Ministry Leaders

I have been serving in ministry for nearly 15 years now.  I have served as a ministry leader for at least 10 years.  I have served as a leader on the church staff for just over 8 years now.

In all of these combined years of varied experience, I have learned a lot.  I have learned most from the Bible.  Whenever I find myself off track, I'll go into an intense study of the biblical books of wisdom (Psalms, Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes) or the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John).  In some cases, I'll go through both sets of the prophets (both minor and major prophets) or the various epistles of the New Testament.

I learn from the Bible, various books by Christian authors like Oral Roberts, Robert Schuler, Andrew Murray and C.H. Spurgeon, and many Christian publications.  As I grew as a Christian and leader, I worked my way through a variety of magazines and journals that make up the list below:
  1. Outreach
  2. Leadership
  3. Relevant
  4. Christianity Today
  5. Charisma
Only 1 of them doesn't have a one-word title... hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment