Thursday, October 28, 2010

Open Opportunities

"Opportunity exists where you find it." - John C. Maxwell

Everyone Communicates, Few Connect: What the Most Effective People Do Differently

Find your own opportunities.  Don't wait on someone else.  They won't knock on your door.  They won't yell out and beckon you unto them.  You'll have to search and seek them out.

Some will be obvious.  They'll be right before your face.  They may be sitting right in your own backyard.  You will simply have to recognize them as opportunities.

Some will be more obscure.  They may appear to be obstacles or challenges.  Yet, you will discover an opportunity to put your talent and skills to work on discovering a solution.

Some will need to be created. When I didn't find much success in peddling my self-published books through online resources, I decided to turn my lessons learned into resources that drew people into me.  I wrote a blog and published a newsletter where I could get people's attention and inform them about tidbits of what I had already published and what I was currently working on with my writing.  it does work, but I had to find a way to make the opportunity work out for me.

Find your opportunities today.

No comments:

Post a Comment