Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finding a Connection

Be-Be's Kids
I met a girl a couple of weeks ago. She gonna tell me, “If you want to get acquainted with me and my son, you’ll have to take him to Disneyland.”

I went to pick her up the next day and here she got four more kids. I said, “Who kids are them?”
She said, “Them Bebe’s Kids.”
-Robin Harris
 
Presenters and trainers have to have a knack for knowing how to connect with other people.  You need to make a connection with people in the audience when you present. 
 
300+ Sizzling IcebreakersStand Up Comedy 101: The Essentials To Becoming a Successful ComedianDo it like a comedian works with the crowd at a show duirng a stand up comedy routine.  Take notice of someone's dress.  Remark on someone's upside down smile.  Crack a joke to break the ice.  Make a connection like a Lenny Bruce, Robin Harris, Bernie Mac or Chris Rock, even Howie Mandel.
I Ain't Scared of You: Bernie Mac On How Life Is

No comments:

Post a Comment